2MFM Aims and Strategies
A- Develop and broadcast religious programs, which provide
- Coverage of all Muslim religious festivities and celebrations.
- Coverage of the daily Muslim calendar, which is essential for prayers and fasting.
- Keeping the community, especially the youth abreast of their parents‘ culture and to provide senior members with an atmosphere that have been familiar with in their previous homeland.
- Positively influence the Muslim’s attitude and conduct.
- Unveil to the listeners the true essence of Islam.
- Entertain , guide, and involve the youth in community activities.
- Project the true moderate view of Islam, and to steer listeners away from fanaticism and extremism.
- Australian Islamic programs and songs otherwise not available in the local market.
B-Implement cultural program
- Aiding in keeping the community in touch with their own cultures, hence resulting in building solid ground got them to reflect on Australia as being a home they can relate to.
C-Implement social and educational programs
- To inform and encourage our communities to know and abide by Australian laws in general.
- Provide the community with social information such as employment ,housing etc.
- Familiarising the community with the education policy & encourage the youth to continue and further their education .
D-Implement varieties of children’s programs
- Prepared and done mainly by children to increase their general knowledge, culture understanding and build their confidence with positive orientation through entertainment and competition.
- Produce appropriate songs for children to help them understand their culture.
E-Broadcast Medical and Health programs
- Increase the community awareness of medical issues such as diabetes, breast cancer etc., in conjunction with various health authorities.
- Inform and make the community members aware of the medical facilities available to them , often unknown due to the language barrier.
F-Implement sporting and youth programs
- Encourage youth to participate in community works.
- Direct youth attention towards healthy activity such as sports venues.
- Drug awareness programs targeting youth.